One of my favorite hobbies is writing and drawing in my journal. I love back to school sales because that’s when I stockpile my journals. Staples usually has composition notebooks on sale for 50 cents. I get enough notebooks to last me a whole year. #Winning
Lately, I’ve been carrying my journal with me everywhere, as I’ve been a cluster fuck of emotions. 2019 has been a complex year for me on all levels. I had to withdraw my special needs son from school because he was neglected and abused on school premises. I had to quit my job once my son was out of school, I had a death in the family that rocked me to the core and then my precious baby boy almost died. All those events happened within the first 6 months of 2019.
Valentine’s Day 2019 was my son’s last day of school, March 30th was last day of work, my loved one pasted in April and my son spent 2 weeks in Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in June 2019. Unfavorable situations kept happening and I couldn’t understand why but, in a way, I knew 2019 was going to be a year of change. Nothing could have prepared me for the situations that happened but in hindsight these things happened for a reason. The common theme that seemed to be appearing was facing and conquering fears. I’ve always felt fearless on some levels but within the last 2 years I had become fearful to live my life. I was just existing instead of living. That was one of the reasons all my fears started coming to fruition.
We are halfway through the year and 2019 has taught me many things. Besides conquering my fears, I have also learned numerous lessons. These are the lessons that have helped me with the healing process:
- I believe in GOD more then I ever have before in my life. He has been showing up and showing out!!
- Faith and a positive attitude can influence people and things around you.
- Time waits for no one and all life is truly precious!
- Saying No is Okay! Cutting off people and vices that no longer suite you are Okay too. It hurts but I promise it’s worth it!!
- SELF LOVE & Self RESPECT ARE SO IMPORTANT
- Going through dark times is an important part of growth. Dark times show you what you’re made of. There is always light at the end of the tunnel, There is always light in the darkness and There is always light when you’re NBETWEEN 2 Worlds.